Yes, it’s Wednesday and a recipe is comping up soon, promise.
First though, I was thrilled to note that I had been the recipient of one of the blogger post awards this week and I wanted to make mention of that first.
Witchy Girl over at Musings and Daydreams of a Student Witch gave me the Inspired Blogger Award and made specific mention of my Kitchen Witch Wednesday recipes. You may recall Witchy Girl gave an interview for Witch View a few weeks ago.
Thank you so very much Witchy Girl, I am honoured.
(And if you’d like to be interviewed as well, just contact me using the button above!)
So, here are the rules…
1. Display the award certificate on your website.
2. Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever presented your award.
3. Present 7 awards to deserving bloggers. Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off.
4. Post 7 interesting facts about yourself.
Now, for 7 interesting facts about me.
(Interesting is a matter of perpective by the way)
1. There is a 14 year age gap between my first and my second child.
2. My husband and I met in an internet chat room, and married 6 months later.
3. I moved from Kansas to England to be with him.
4. I learned to fence with the foil when I was in university
5. I suffered from severe post-natal depression and post-traumatic stress disorder after my youngest son was born.
6. Before moving to the UK, I was a critical care nurse for 10 years.
7. While I don’t call myself Wiccan any longer, I am initiated as a 3rd degree High Priestess in the Blue Star Tradition.
7 People I’d like to give this award to
1. The Druid Bird – who did actually just receive this award. So me dear feel free to refer people to the blog post you just made. But her honesty and insight is so refreshing in a time when everyone wants to pretend that everything is always wonderful hunky-dory fine.
2. A Practical Owl in a Wiccan World – a pirate witch. What’s not to love! Another gal with an open and refreshing point of view.
3. Nae’s Nest – because she’s going through some rough times right now and could use a smile.
4. Know the Sphere – because I have to think and really read when he writes.
5. Notes from the Bluegrass – yep, I know you said no more awards please. But your post today about It’s Not Easy Being Purple was very much appreciated by me – I am another person who so fully identifies with what you wrote. No obligation to follow any rules, just know that I appreciate your writings.
6. The Island of Misfit Pagans – another person a bit outside the mainstream. She puts up some questions that really get people talking, and discussing. I like discussions where eveyone remains polite without also having to agree with each other.
7. You, yes you! Because I think you’re pretty cool. So if you’ve not had an award for a while, or just need a bit of a pick me up and some warm fuzzies, give yourself an award.