Yes, I know. It’s Friday again. Just figure I move on Pagan Standard Time.
This week’s Thursday Talking Point is about Astrological sun signs.
What’s mine? What’s yours?
Do you pay attention to it? Think it’s a load of nonsense?
The talking point ties in nicely with a couple awards I’ve received lately. One this week, and the other last week. Ok, maybe it doesn’t, but I write the rules.
Last week, Morgana Rose over at Notes from the Broom Closet gave Writings of a Pagan Witch the One Lovely Blog Award. I love the graphics Morgana has at her blog. They are gorgeous.
The Druid Bird this week has given me the “Seven Things About Me” award. I think this is pretty cool because I like Wren. She’s good people, and if you haven’t read her blog yet, you should.
Thank you both, lovely ladies, for your awards.
The rules for both are fairly straight forward.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate other bloggers you think deserve the award, and post on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated.
The One Lovely Blog Award suggests 15, but I don’t actually follow that many and several aren’t really appropriate for giving awards.
In this case, I will mention a few blogs that I like and refer you back to the blogs I nominated last week after receiving the Very Inspiring Blogger Award
So, I’ve done the first, and will do the last. Now for the middle.
Share 7 Things About Me
- My sun sign is Aquarius.
- I was born on Valentine’s Day. Leading to a fascination with Al Capone ever since.
- When I was younger, I used to climb out on the roof of the porch outside my bedroom window in the middle of the night and sit in the moonlight.
- I am a strong empath. I didn’t realise this until I was in my 20s. Before that, I never really had emotions of my own, I tended to only feel the emotions of those around me. After I recognises this, and began shielding, for many years I didn’t really feel anything at all emotionally, unless it was a particularly strong emotion. I’ve had to train myself to feel and understand subtle emotions within myself.
- If I were a child today instead of 40 years ago, my parents would most likely be told I have Asperger’s Syndrome. I have 3 sons who all are on the Autistic Spectrum.
- I don’t like talking on the phone. If I’m having a bad day or feeling stressed, I don’t answer the phone at all.
- Because of this blog and my cooking recipes, I was invited to apply to be on a cooking competition TV program here in the UK. I said no thank you.
January 21 – February 19
The Water-Bearer, and confusingly for some, an Air Sign.
When it comes to astrology, I think that a well done and interpreted Natal Chart can give a good blueprint for a person’s life. I don’t believe that everything within a chart is absolutely set in stone though. With knowledge of how things can be comes the power to change those things which we find less than desireable. Every negative can become a positive, and vice versa, if moderated or taken to extreme.